Our first football game and Labor Day parade are quickly approaching!
Friday night info:
1. Bring water jugs for our after school dress rehearsal at 4:30. Students must come to the dress rehearsal fed and ready to go for the evening's activities.
2. The weather looks like it could allow us to wear our fall uniforms, but we all know the weather man could be completely off. To be prepared for both situations please be sure to have both black socks for fall uniforms and white no-show socks and shoes for summer uniforms ready. Students are not allowed to wear jeans under fall uniforms. I will let the band know our uniform on Thursday.
3. If you are going to watch the band march to the stadium we will line up in the Hill Road lot around 6:30 and depart for the stadium around 6:45.
4. The Band dismisses from the stadium. Students have to return to the band room to return instruments, uniforms (if in fall uniforms) and clean the band room.
5. As parents its important for you to know that when kids are in uniform they are expected to adhere to a few basic behavioral rules.
- Stay in stands or designated areas.
- Refrain from cell phone use while in the stands.
- Return to the band stand after the 3rd quarter break on time!
- Refrain from public displays of affection.
- Be respectful of each other.
Labor Day Parade info:
1. Students will report at 8:00 a.m. for a rehearsal with PHSN for the Central vs. North football game.
2. We will wear our summer uniforms.
3. The Parade steps off from Central High School at 10:00 a.m.
4. We will make an abrupt turn down the alley just before Ridgeview Junior High.
5. We conclude the Labor Day events with a performance at the Lions Club Fish Fry in Victory Park. This will start at approximately 11:00 a.m.
6. The band room will be open for 30 mins after the park performance.
I'm looking forward to a great weekend with everyone!
Mr. Nathan Stowe
Director of Bands
Pickerington High School Central
1-614-548-1800 ext. 1857